Amber is most popular, hardened fossilized resin of the species of pine called Pinus Succinifera. These trees grew in forests around 45 million years ago, in the Europe known to us as the Baltic region today!
The Germans called it ‘Baltic amber’ by the name of ‘Bernstein’, due to amber emits a sweet smell if burnt. The Greeks called ‘Elektron’ because of static electricity when rubbed. Amber is known as ‘Kerba’ in the many local markets in Asia.
How Amber helps you!
- Amber helps to remove blockages in the flow of energy throughout the body and also works as an aid to strengthening the body.
- Amber has traditionally been used to bring protection, strength, love, luck and healing to the wearer.
- Amber is an excellent healing stone as it takes negative energy and transforms it into positive energy.
- Amber also helps to calm stressed nerves and to bring about humour and joy as well as acting as a guard against impotency and as an aid to fertility.
- Amber opens the crown and solar plexus chakras, thereby helping to increase intellect and confidence.